JCS endorses the correct wearing of the school uniform to encourage a sense of pride in our students, and to promote a positive and professional school image to the wider community.
It is also supported by the school community that appropriate school uniform be worn by all students.
This is supplemented by the Department of Education regulations which:
- make it compulsory to wear shoes with leather uppers for practical subjects, such as Science, Technology, Food Technology, Industrial Technology-Timber; and Textiles;
- make it compulsory to wear shoes which are suitable for vigorous physical activity, support the ankle and won't come off, for Physical Education and Sport;
- require a change of clothes for health reasons for Physical Education and Sport;
- require collars as part of their Sun Safe Policy; and
- require hats be worn when outside.
- All uniforms should be neat, clean, untorn and without large labels and patches.
JCS Shoe Policy
Students undertaking practical based subjects need to wear lace-up shoes that protect their feet against drops and spills. WHS requirements may result in students who are not wearing shoes with sufficient protection being excluded from some practical activities. If in doubt, please contact the school.
The JCS uniform shop is run by the JCS P & C Association.
Uniform Shop Opening Hours:
|Monday - Thursday
|| 08:45 - 09:30 am
|| 03:00 - 03:30 pm